Physiotherapy promotes wellness, mobility and independent function. Physiotherapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility.
Is Physiotherapy for Me?
Physiotherapists are experts on movement and function. At Martindale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic our Physiotherapists are skilled at assessing and managing a range of conditions including:
- Physical conditions such as back pain, arthritis and repetitive strain injury
- Sports injuries
- Paediatric conditions such as developmental delay, fractures and cardiorespiratory conditions
- Post surgery recovery
- Physical complications of cancer and its treatment
- Mobility problems related to neurological disorders such as stroke, spinal cord injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Pre- and post-natal problems and other women’s health conditions
- Neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Respiratory and cardiac conditions
Physiotherapists in St. Catharines can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
At Martindale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic your Physiotherapists work as part of a team with you and sometimes other health care providers or sports coaches. The success of your physiotherapy program usually requires your co-operation outside of our Physiotherapy clinic. You will probably be required to participate in an exercise program or some modifications to your postural or lifestyle habits. Your dedication to your Physiotherapy "homework" will greatly enhance the outcome of your Physiotherapy program and will help you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
You can expect your Physiotherapist will follow the system below to ensure your time in Physiotherapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals.
- Assess your symptoms.
- Diagnose your condition.
- Plan your treatment.
- Treat your condition.
- Continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
- Help you to manage your condition at home and to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals.
At Martindale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic our Physiotherapists keep up-to-date with the latest in medical and sports science research to help them select treatments that have been scientifically proven to help your condition. This is called "Evidence Based Practice".
Some of the treatments that Physiotherapists at Martindale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic may use include:
- Mobilization of joints
- Therapeutic exercise
- Electrotherapy such as ultrasound therapy and electrical stimulation
- Advice and education
Make us your first choice for Physiotherapy in St. Catharines.