Services Offered by Martindale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
We are proud to offer the services listed below. Please click the highlighted portions for more information on each.
- Acupuncture : Over 20 years of experience in the use of acupuncture for treatment of soft tissue, joint and chronic pain syndromes.
- Custom Braces : We fit custom knee braces for various knee conditions such as osteoarthritis, ligament instability and biomechanical dysfunction, as well as post-operative support.
- Custom Orthotics : Using the Footmaxx computerized gait analysis system, custom orthotic inserts can be fabricated for all foot types, conditions and activities, from diabetic modules to sport-specific modules. We also offer customized footwear including casual shoes, athletic shoes, work shoes and sandals.
- Low Intensity Laser Therapy : Laser therapy uses light waves (phototherapy) to penetrate into the tissue, causing a chemical reaction, resulting in the restoration of cellular function which leads to healing. Please click here for more information.
- Physiotherapy Services : Our approach to rehabilitation has always been exercise-focused. Restorative and functional programs are developed for each individual based on the outcome of the physiotherapy assessment.
- Spinal Decompression : Our Triton Decompression System delivers mechanical traction to the spinal column including the neck, mid back, and low back. It is a useful and effective therapeutic technique in treating: protruding and herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease, facet joint disorders, spinal nerve root impingement, spinal hypomobility and spinal compression fractures.
- Associated Services-Massage Therapy : Massage Therapy is the manipulation of the body's soft tissues to gain a therapeutic response. Many of today's health problems arise from stress. Whether emotional, postural, recreational or traumatic, stress manifests itself in the body's soft tissue and upsets the delicate integral balance of the body's functions. Massage therapy can play a part in regaining this balance. Massage therapy can also give relief from many specific conditions including headaches, tendonitis, whiplash, neck/shoulder and back pain, pregnancy, athletic injuries and more. It also promotes general relaxation and improved circulation. We also offer our services to those involved in post-motor vehicle accident rehabilitation, workplace injuries, or those wanting a more relaxed approach such as a hot stone massage. Massages are non-invasive, non-toxic, require simple application, are highly effective and have a cure rate greater than 95%. No known negative side effects exist.